Iceland GeoSurvey cooperates internationally to promote the production of geothermal energy.
- Member of the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA).
- Member of the European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC).
- Member of the International Partnership for Geothermal Technology (IPGT).
- Member of Water Rock Interaction (WRI).
- Participates in the Global Roundtable on Climate Change.
- Represented on the Board of the International Geothermal Association (IGA).
- Represents Iceland on behalf of the National Energy Authority in executing the International Energy Agency Geothermal Implementing Agreement.
- Represents Iceland on energy committees under European Union framework programs.
- Involved in the African Rift Geothermal Development Facility project in East Africa.