Iceland GeoSurvey (ÍSOR) invites applications for a full time Geothermal Engineer position.
Duties and responsibilities
- General engineering work, borehole design, corrosion testing, and structural design.
- Interdisciplinary teamwork in diverse projects.
- Procurement and cost analysis.
Education and skills requirements
- MSc- or a PhD in mechanical/industrial engineering, drilling engineering, or related fields.
- Experience in the field of borehole design is preferred.
- Experience of working according to the ISO 9001 standard is preferred.
- Initiative and strong work ethics.
- Communication skills.
- Good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Participation in diverse projects.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work in an international environment.
- Great group of co-workers.
The successful candidate will be stationed at ÍSOR‘s offices in Reykjavík. The job may require working in the countryside and abroad. Salary is according to the relevant union contract. The recruitment process takes aim of ÍSOR’s Equal Opportunity Policy.
Nationals of EEA/EFTA countries do not require a residence permit to live in Iceland.
For further information regarding the vacancy, please contact Ingólfur Örn Þorbjörnsson, Head of the Geothermal Engineering division, via email: email@example.com.
Please send application letters, along with a CV, to Valgerður Gunnarsdóttir, at the department of support services, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be answered once a decision has been made.
Deadline for applications is February 19th 2018. Applications will be kept on file for 6 months after the deadline has passed.
Iceland GeoSurvey (ÍSOR) is as an independent institute operating under the Ministry for the Environment and Natural Resources at a business level. ÍSOR engages in varied interdisciplinary research and provides services and consultancies in the fields of geothermal energy and geological sciences. ÍSOR is one of the world's largest and most experienced companies in the field of geoscientific services to the geothermal industry, and it enjoys international recognition as such.
ÍSOR's headquarters are in Reykjavík with a branch in Akureyri.